PRACTICAL OUTDOOR INTERNSHIP
The internship will provide a fantastic all round understanding of sustainable landscaping and outdoor practical skills. We combine theory and practical delivery with real life work experience from industry experts to ensure you get the best opportunities to gain employment.
Try your hand at
• Horticulture • Team Building • Wood Working • Construction • Food Production • Healthy Eating • Healthy Lifestyles • Ecology and Conservation • Events Organisation and Management
• Level 1 Practical Outdoor certificate • Brush cutter ticket • Maths • English • First aid • CsCs
• Time Management • Interpersonal Skills • Social Interaction • Personal Development Skills • Group and Team Communication • Healthy Eating • Get Fit • Make Friends
As well as a packed FREE year long course you’ll also get these fantastic benefits:
• Bursary of up to £40 per week • Free equipment and PPE – boots, shirt, trousers etc. • Opportunities for employment with Urban Biodiversity • Work experience with inspiring organisations such as the Eden Project • Free qualifications, workshops and visits
( September – December )
Introduction You’ll start with a wide range of introductory workshops delivered by our expert team and a host of industry practitioners.
• Nature and wildlife
• Willow weaving
• Cornish hedging
(January – April)
Qualification You’ll undertake a nationally recognised Level 1 practical qualification in outdoor skills with modules.
• Woodworking skills
• Cultivating herbs
• Compost and soils
• Plant pruning
• Event planning
• Living in the community
(May – July)
Work Experience The final term is a mix of community volunteering with the Orchard team and work experience with a range of organisations.
• 2 weeks with Urban Biodiversity’s landscaping team
• 1 week with an organisation, such as the Eden Project
• 100 hours volunteering at Newquay Community Orchard over the course